
The night is heavy, thick, unclear,
Cold sweat invades our minds,
His heart is beating, like an engine
Keeping him alive.
In darkness whispered words, a song,
To smoothe the razor´s cut.
It´s our attempt to stretch the time
While running out of luck.
Distorted scenes on glassy bottom,
Hearts laid on the line.
I am unable to express
The storm I feel inside.
Instead my senses try to print
All that we used to be.
His vivid spirit, loving eyes
that used to look at me.
When tears erupt of burning souls
Then sorrow´s surely real?
When all that´s left are gasped words
Despair is surely clear?
I sweep myself out on the street
Where life will take what´s due.
Debuggers running in my mind
Deceiving all my view.
The same old sun is shining here,
It has no other choice.
Some things have changed, others remained
And I still hear his voice.
But oh! Erosion yet begins
Its aching daily fight
Against all trust in blithely love
That used to shine so bright.
A spoil heap built of broken dreams
Of everyone engaged.
I mourn for him, for us, and those
We hurt and we enraged.
Meanwhile, all doors and windows shut,
He looks for peace of mind
Seeks for forgiveness and a way
To leave me far behind.
I jump into a frozen lake
In order to awake.
My blood is pulsing in my veines,
My life is coming back.
And then, I sense my family´s care
I feel my friends´ esteem,
I hold my dying grandma´s hand
I sing my child to dreams.
Will it be easier to stick
To comfort situations?
Will it be easier to go
For simple explanations?
And to forget or to destroy
Those memories of love,
And to forget or to deny
intensity and warmth?
The truth is relatively vague,
a stranger to all lovers,
It´s only in the light of real
That we may lift the covers.
For now, we´ll walk on cattery-cornered,
Facing slippery slopes,
And fruitful grapes shall ripe again
At least these are our hopes.
Three stiches needed for our wounds
To heal from all this mess,
One is compassion, one is time,
The third is tenderness.
No comments:
Post a Comment