October 23, 2007

Good News:-)

Good news: In a few weeks, I will be a published poetess!!!

One of my German poems has been picked for the 2008 edition of the Frankfurter Bibliothek des zeitgenössischen Gedichts (Frankfurt Library of Comtemporary Poetry). This edition offers a representative cross section of literary culture of the German society. And in the letter I received, it says: "The editor therefore particularily looks for contributions of authors who have not yet been discovered, whose literary career still lie ahead of them."

Moreover, it states that "the Frankfurter Bibliothek is one of the most widespread lyrical publications of the last decades. It is bought worldwide by the most important libraries, e.g. by the Wiener Staatsbibliothek (Vienna State Library), the Schweizer Nationalbibliothek (Swiss National Library), the Französische Nationalbibliothek (French National Library) and the National Library of Congress in Washington."

I am very happy and proud, as you may guess:-)

And finally, by being published, I have automatically entered a contest for a scholarship for a one-year-course in Literary Writing at the Cornelia Goethe Akademie for Literary Writing in Frankfurt - the first adress for new talented writers in Germany! So please wish me luck!!!

Even if I don´t get the scholarship (which I probably won´t!), I have made up my mind to apply for that course and offer myself the luxury of seriously consecrating myself to writing. For some special reasons, the next two years shall be the perfect time for doing so... but that is another beautiful story in my life that I will unveil in a little while:-)))

Oh, life is such a Wonderland!

x Alice

No comments: