Welcome to my Wonderland! All poems and tales copyright Alice Mc Duff (my crazy alter ego, propably:-)), except where indicated.
July 31, 2006
Leaving The Fifth Floor
While crossing the bridge I look up to the sky
A swarm of black starlings just flutters near by
Ascends to the building where we did not sleep
And the brigde starts to float right under my feet.
Reflections of light and of heat flow my way
Your contours define against structures that sway.
Vertigo is tangling me all up in blue
Five floors are too grave to fall down on you!
Why don´t I turn back and obey to my heart
That screams like a child we should not be apart?
Why do I ignore the strong pulse beat of faith
That fiercely breaks through white November haze?
Another step backwards and you´ll disappear
Behind cubical monuments witnessing fear.
My legs take a flight for I try to escape
The terrible brightness of love and fate.
How did you survive when the avalanche came?
Did you run for cover by calling my name?
I think that I heard you, once deep in the night
So I plucked up my courage and did what felt right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment