January 25, 2008

Note on a Song

I´ve discovered an Alicia Keys tune lately by watching a tape of StarAc´,the French issue of "Superstar" (ok you may hit me for this, but I´ll take it with a smile:-)). Anyway, one of the candidates - Maureen - a wonderfully talented young French lady with a perfect voice (believe it or not, but she is really brillliant) sang "If I Ain´t Got You" with Alicia. Just the two ladies and a piano. Well, I was so blown away and deeply moved by their performance that I rewinded the tape at least five times to listen to it over and over again! Being alone at the house, I laid on the ground, listened to the music, felt my baby move inside and just handed myself over to the music. I don´t know why this happened at this point - globally, I am quite serene these days and I haven´t reacted this way in months - but I suppose that the music unleashed my inner voice calling deeply hidden emotions back to life..

The next day, I started to look for the song, but didn´t find this particular live version, of course not. The two versions currently available through iTunes or other platforms are nice as well and worth listening, but nothing in comparison to that strangely enchanting duet of a star and a "nobody".

Some things can´t be put down. Like a beautiful, inspired voice.


Maureen decided to leave the StarAc´ show after that duet, and try to find a way through the music jungle on her own. I think she was right.

x Alice

No comments: