Hey, good news are blowing in these days...
I received a letter yesterday by my hometown, saying that I won one of the first three prizes in the poetry competition that I had participated in a few months ago!!
Don´t know which of the prizes I won yet, the award ceremony only taking place on April 3rd (just a tiny couple of weeks before my baby´s due date), but I´m delighted and curious about it any way. The award ceremony will include a reading of the winning of the award-winning texts by a renowed speaker and a celebration event. After my first print publications last year, this wil be my first little award for a German poem, and my first appearance *en public, oh oui!!!*:-)
Oh, and moreover, there´s another poem that has been accepted for print publication for November 2008.
The theme of the contest wasn´t such a funny one though: Mercifully Defying Death. I won with a poem that I granted to my late, beloved grandma in May last year, at a stage when I for my part had to dash some persistent hopes (but neither friendship and affection, in case anyone should ever wonder!)
But today, February 2008, life is smiling at my little world again:-)
Being on parental leave as of next week, I plan to get back to writing and poetry soon. Stay tuned, my precious loyal friends and readers (esp. you, reasonrhymer! I will get back to you next week with a long letter, promise!)

Alice & her giant belly
My musical mood: Paolo Nutini ~ New Shoes
I received a letter yesterday by my hometown, saying that I won one of the first three prizes in the poetry competition that I had participated in a few months ago!!
Don´t know which of the prizes I won yet, the award ceremony only taking place on April 3rd (just a tiny couple of weeks before my baby´s due date), but I´m delighted and curious about it any way. The award ceremony will include a reading of the winning of the award-winning texts by a renowed speaker and a celebration event. After my first print publications last year, this wil be my first little award for a German poem, and my first appearance *en public, oh oui!!!*:-)
Oh, and moreover, there´s another poem that has been accepted for print publication for November 2008.
The theme of the contest wasn´t such a funny one though: Mercifully Defying Death. I won with a poem that I granted to my late, beloved grandma in May last year, at a stage when I for my part had to dash some persistent hopes (but neither friendship and affection, in case anyone should ever wonder!)
But today, February 2008, life is smiling at my little world again:-)
Being on parental leave as of next week, I plan to get back to writing and poetry soon. Stay tuned, my precious loyal friends and readers (esp. you, reasonrhymer! I will get back to you next week with a long letter, promise!)

Alice & her giant belly
My musical mood: Paolo Nutini ~ New Shoes
No comments:
Post a Comment