April 25, 2007

Downright Bloomsbury Companion


updated version_10 July 2018

A friend of the soul is what I long for,
A downright Bloomsbury companion,
Someone to laugh with about mundane chores,
A vis-à-vis for complementary imagination.

Someone who is willing to break new ground,
Not afraid of playful physical exploration,
Someone who stays when it´s getting risqué,
No matter how chancy the thread or connection.

So, he should be a man - at least I suppose?
For sometimes we would passionately kiss,
A humorous spirit with a flashing wit,
For sometimes we would subtly tease.

Whenever needed I would offer him joys
To escape from his everyday life train.
In return he would generously teach me ease,
The unknown, or the delicate ardour of pain.

Yes, a friend of the soul is what I look for,
A downright Bloomsbury companion.
Someone to hold tight until we are no more,
Equally daring the impossible sensation.

****************

Alice McDuff ~ 25 April 2007


You may want to know more about Bloomsbury? Look here for information about the Bloomsbury Set, an English group of artists and scholars of "Bohemian" disposition that existed from around 1905 until around World War II: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomsbury_Group

x Alice

No comments: