April 06, 2007

Farewell, My Angel Child

Farewell, my Angel Child, farewell!
Go spread your wings and let it all go by.

When you surprised me with your recent growth
I couldn´t talk to you, for fear of losing you too soon,
Before we´d ever meet each other, face-to-face
And now your little heartbeat ceased, and I feel so alone.

By accident, some say, by acts of God, those others preach,
They speculate aloud why you´ve already taken leave of life,
But me, I´m shaping tender words for you, silently in the dark,
Like “I will miss you, little Angel”, and “It would have been so nice.”

Small ageless sparkle, you came mixing up my world
Just to remind me what it´s really all about.
You made me see the structure of my soul again,
That soul that had been deeply rotting in the lost and found.

I try to cup my body around what seems to remain of you,
I´m turning all my loving feeling inwards, but it is too late.
So all that´s left for me to do is quietly say goodbye now, Angel Child
And let you leave and rest in peace to join the universal fate.

Farewell, my Angel Child, farewell.
Go spread your wings and let it all go by.

***********

Alice McDuff ~ 6 April 2007

2 comments:

Hamza matar said...

lovely page

Alice McDuff said...

Thank you whiskey puzzler for your comment, and for visiting my page. Glad you like it:-)

Your page is pretty interesting as well..